Washington Plaza Hotel DC
10 Thomas Circle NW
Washington, DC 20005
We have a guaranteed room rate for the evenings of September 26, and 27. You will also be able to book additional nights at the same rate (from September 22 to 30), however we encourage you to register as soon as possible if you anticipate arriving early or staying longer since these additional nights are not guaranteed in our room block.
Register now through this LINK or by contacting reservations at 202-842-1300. When calling, mention “Secular Coalition”. Deadline for reservations at our guaranteed rate is September 3, 2019.
- Washington Plaza DC offers both valet and self parking in our underground garage.
- The cost is $30/night for self parking and $35/night for valet.
- Parking tax in DC is 18% and is not included in the pricing listed above.
Getting Around Town
The closest Metrorail stations are the McPherson Square Station (0.25 mi) on the Orange and Blue lines, the Farragut North Station (0.51 mi) on the Red line and the Mt. Vernon Square – 7th Street Convention Center Station (0.59 mi) on the Yellow and Green Lines.
- Find directions to the Lobby Day hotel from all major airports below
- Find Metro’s Trip Planner, including fares here
- Find interactive and printable Metro maps here
The Washington, DC area is accessible by three major airports: Reagan National (Washington), Baltimore-Washington International (BWI, Baltimore) and Dulles International (Northern Virginia). Reagan National is the closest and most convenient airport in terms of travel time to the Lobby Day venue and is accessible by Metro.
However, Dulles and BWI are also solid options. Note that while Dulles is physically closer to the Lobby Day venue, the public transportation from BWI is much more convenient and easier to navigate. Taxis and Shuttles for hire will be available from all airports.
From Reagan National Airport to Lobby Day Hotel Directions
- Driving (Approximately 25 mins): Go North towards Airport Exit/I-395/GW Parkway North/US-50W/I-66/Washington. Merge onto GW Parkway North/George Washington Memorial Parkway South. Merge onto I-395 North/US-1 North toward Washington (crossing into District of Columbia). Keep left to take US-1 North via Exit 1 towards National Mall.
Stay straight to go onto 14th Street NW to Thomas Circle. Exit Circle at Vermont Avenue (the third exit), hotel entrance is on the right hand side just off of the circle.
- Via Metro (Approximately 29 mins): From Reagan National Airport, take the Mount Vernon yellow line 7 stops to the Mount Vernon/7th Street Convention Center Metro Station. Head west on M St NW toward 8th Court Northwest. The hotel will be on your right.
From Dulles International Airport to Lobby Day Hotel Directions
- Driving (Approximately 45 mins): Start out going Northeast on Saarinen Circle Toward Dulles Airport Access Road. Stay straight to go onto Dulles Airport Access Road.
Merge onto VA-267 East. VA-267 becomes I-66 East. Take the Independence Avenue exit. Stay straight to go onto US-50 East. Turn left onto 17th Street. NW. Turn right onto US-29/K Street NW. Stay straight to go onto 14th Street NW to Thomas Circle. Exit Circle at Vermont Avenue (the third exit), hotel entrance is on the right hand side just off of the circle.
- Via Public Transportation (Approximately one hour and 15 mins):
- Coming from Dulles International Airport, connect to Metrorail using Metrobus. For just $7.50 per person ($3.75 for seniors and people with disabilities), the 5A takes you to Rosslyn Metrorail station on the orange, silver and blue lines with just one stop in between. To find out when the bus leaves the airport, see the 5A schedule.
- You can also take the Washington Flyer bus to the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station on the Silver Line. To find out when the Washington Flyer leaves the airport and its cost, go to the Washington Flyer website.
- Once at the Metro, take the silver line to Largo Town Center. Walk east on I St NW toward Vermont Ave NW. Turn left onto Vermont Ave NW, walking until 14th St. NW. At the the traffic circle, take the 4th exit onto M St NW and the hotel will be on your left.
From BWI Airport to Lobby Day Hotel Directions
- Driving (Approximately 53 mins): Start out going Northwest toward I-195. Take I-195 West. Merge onto MD-295 South via Exit 2B toward Washington. Merge onto US-50 W/New York Ave NE toward Washington (Crossing into District of Columbia). Keep right at the fork to go on New York Avenue Northeast. Turn slight right onto Mt. Vernon Place NW. Mt. Vernon Place SW becomes Massachusetts Avenue NW. Turn slight right onto Thomas Circle NW. Exit Circle at Vermont Avenue (the first exit), hotel entrance is on the right hand side just off of the circle.
- Via Train/ Metro (Approximately 1 hour 30 mins): From Concourse E, take the Greenbelt-BWI Thurgood Marshall B30 MetroBus toward Greenbelt Station and Bus Bay. Walk to Greenbelt Metro Station (1-2 minutes) and take the Green line toward Branch Ave. Exit at Mt Vernon Sq/7th St-Convention Center. Head west on M St NW toward 8th Court Northwest. The hotel will be on your right.